I made quinoa toritillas using the recipe from
Only I used brown rice instead of millet flour because that is what I had on hand.
The Tortilla Recipe is
- 2 cups toasted quinoa flour
- 1/2 cup millet flour
- 3/4 cup – 1 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon oil + more for cooking (optional)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl to form a thick dough. Divide dough into 10 – 12 equal parts and roll into balls.
- Place each ball between two pieces of parchment. Place into a tortilla press or roll out with a rolling pin.
- Remove one side of parchment and place into a skillet over medium heat. Remove other piece of parchment and cook until browned and small bubbles are starting to form, 1 – 2 minutes. Flip an cook for another 1 – 2 minutes.
- Repeat until no more dough remains”
To make the acorn squash, I cut one in half and roasted it in the oven for 1 hour at 450 with a pat of coconut oil in the little whole where the seeds were. I placed parchment paper on the bottom. After 20 minutes of acorn squash being in the oven, I added probably 2-3 cups of chickpeas I had cooked but you can easily used canned. I roasted the chick peas with the squash for about 35 minutes when I smelled they were done. Then just add some squash with the chickpeas to the tortilla and WALL-AH! Deliciousness. Feel free to add any spices to both the chickpeas and squash. I always suggest nutritional yeast on everything.